Friday, September 11, 2009

Communion

Communion-individually or as a group? Cracker and juice or an entire meal? Taken on Sundays or during the week? As we study and struggle through picking apart what is traditional and what is biblical, we find that maybe what we have known isn't really scriptural-or maybe it has been. Is there one model that is right? Does it really matter?

I hope that you have been challenged on this quest for truth in practices as we have been. Aaron brought some good information from what he has studied and how the truth is being fleshed out into practice.

It's the thought of remembering God's faithfulness. It's looking back and seeing what He has done since the beginning and seeing how that effects today. It's a joyous meal celebrated among believers when they look back and see His faithfulness and how He has been working.

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. anyone have any comments on something they've experienced like an annual or monthly communion service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this a long time coming....honestly, I hadn't been on this blog yet (sorry!) I guess I feel like communion weekly makes sense. I've been to a church that only had it monthly and I've been to a church that had it weekly. For me, I need to be reminded often of what Christ did for me (sad to say). In this world, with all that we're hit with day in and day out, we need to have a reminder of what LIFE is meant to be. Jesus said, "do this in rememberance of me." He knew we'd need that reminder as well. I do look at it as a reminder of what God has done throughout history, and in my personal life. But, more important to me, I'm reminded of what Christ did for humanity. His death on a rugged Roman cross gave me life...a life worth living to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete